Policies and Procedures
If your child is absent on pizza day, unfortunately there will be no pickup or sending home. Nor can we refund.
- Pizza lunch is only possible this year thanks to the lunch monitors! Please be extra patient with them as they take on this extra responsibility since our volunteers are not able to be in the school yet.
- Home and School works hard every year to create the Pizza lunch schedule and try to avoid field trips and school-wide activities when we know about them. However, sometimes field trips end up on a Pizza lunch day. Should this happen, pizzas will be saved for an entire class or grade in their classrooms for distribution upon their return from the outing.
- Pizzas are ordered from the supplier (Domino’s) one week in advance.
- We deliver pizzas via homeroom assignments. Sometimes our children can be confused as to which homeroom they are assigned too as they see both of their partner teachers equally. This causes a lot of problems every year so please be absolutely certain to put your child’s correct homeroom on the order. The homeroom teacher is the one they have on Mondays. (We realize, also, that because pizza lunch is on Tuesdays, they are not with their homeroom teacher – let us worry about that – just be sure to select their HOMEROOM teacher when ordering.)
Any questions or concerns can be sent to our pizza lunch coordinator, Tracey. She can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or 514-582-6856.
- Orders will only be accepted through the website (that you’re on right now).
- You can order for multiple children in one order.
- You can pay online using a credit card, PayPal, or via e-transfer. We provide the option to include the administration and online transaction processing fees with your payment so that your full purchase amount is received and applied for maximum impact on your child(ren)’s school experience.